Sump pumps are installed to remove excess water from the sump pit or the basement. During rainfall or storms, when the water level is increased in the sump pit, the sump pump moves out the surplus water from the basement. Sump pumps should be taken good care of and maintained well for their long life.
But when there is too much water in the basement or during very heavy rainfall and when the water level increases so much that the sump pumps find it difficult to pump out the water from the sump pit, it is essential to install a sump pump alarm to prevent the sump pump failure and flood in our homes.
Why should we install a sump pump alarm?
The sump pump alarm the is designed as a precautionary measure to make sure that floods do not happen. They are used to give us added guarantee to cease inundation and overflow of water in our homes.
They are prepared to alert us when the sump is filling up and water level is rising up and when the sump pump is unable to pump out the water effectively. They are planted on the topmost part of the sump pump and when water reaches the alarm in sump pump, it beeps like a smoke alarm.
There are various types of sump pump alarms. Let us learn the types and the best sump pump alarm of all types in the article below.
Here we will be discussing about WIFI-enabled sump pump alarm on detail about why is it the best alarm and which of the smart alarms are the best one to buy.
Advantages of using WIFI enabled sump pump alarms:
The benefits of using WIFI enabled smart sump pump alarms are you can be notified through messages or calls no matter where you are. You can also keep an eye on the performance of the sump pump and the alarm even when you are miles away from the alarm.
These smart alarms even notify about the execution of the sump pump. These creative and innovative devices are very useful and convenient to use.
Choosing the best WIFI-enabled sump pump alarm:
The advantages of the WIFI-enabled sump pump alarm that are to be observed while buying them are as follows:
- They can easily fit any type of sump pumps such as primary sump pump, battery backup sump pump and combination sump pump.
- They are very reliable, well-grounded and dependable. They can combine and join well with the sump pump and perform together effectively.
- These are smart devices which can inform and alert the user instantly when the water level increases through notifications on email, text messages and even call.
Since these smart alarms also monitor the pump’s execution and performance, it is very easy to keep an eye on the pump. Instead of looking at the sump pump inside the sump pit, you can conveniently log on to the app integrated to the WIFI device and monitor the pump to ensure its efficiency.
Some of the best WIFI-enabled sump pump alarms from our top list are specified below.
How does it work?
- Install the alarm unit to the sump pump and apply power to it.
- Switch on the phone or computer in which you want to connect the WIFI device.
- You can see the sump pump device in the WIFI connection settings on your device.
- Click on this WIFI network and connect.
- Open browser in your device and open sumppump.com and create an account from the topright corner of the page.
- Do not forget to enable notifications from My Account -> Edit
- Enable the checkboxes for voice or text as needed.
- Confirm the notifications preferences.
And now you easily keep track of the sump pump and the alarm at your comfort zone!.
Hence it is very essential to buy a WIFI-enabled sump pump alarm which saves a lot of time and money during floods and pump failure as it beeps instantly as it detects any lack of effectiveness in the pump’s execution. Hope this article will convince you and assure you that the WIFI-enabled sump pump are the best to use. Good luck!